RE: Today's "Statistics"

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:43:10 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:39 AM 12/2/99 , Sean Healy wrote:

>My father keeps his computer on 800x600 because 1)his vision has been
>getting poorer and 2)he can't afford a huge monitor (his is 15").  I think
>you'll find that a lot of people don't have the big 17" and 19" monitors
>and so feel more comfortable with a lower resolution.  I guess we can get
>them to make full use of the technology available by paying for it for them.

My mother does the same. She has a huge monitor at work yet she still uses
800x600 because she's far sighted. I have a 15" monitor set at 800x600 and
I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. Lots of people who
are just getting computers and not computer literate will just keep the
configuration that the manufacturers put there.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com