Re: Total Off Topic - Missing Fonts on Web Pages

by Sharon <sll(at)chariot.net.au>

 Date:  Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:16:00 +1030
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ditto Carol...just recently this has happened to me too...i put it down to
me wiping my hard drive and reinstalling but guess it may not be just me..

Another prob I am having is IE saving changes I make to my preferences..or
perhaps I am not doing it correctly. But the small text is toooooooo small
and I keep changing it under view text and change it, but it does not save
it..so any ideas on how to change it permanently would help...

Thanks

Sharon

At 06:28 AM 18/02/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Morning all,
>
>Has anyone else been seeing little squares on pages rather than a font?
>It's like all of a sudden IE5 stopped supporting some "symbol" or "letter"
>and periodically I will see these little squares.
>
>Like when you use a font in a graphics program and you get a square rather
>than a letter if the font you chose only supports Capital letters.
>
>It's no biggie, just wondering if I am the only one.
>

>Regards,
>
>Carol Parent
>parent(at)djam.com
>http://www.cbwdesign.com
>
>"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
>Imagination encircles the world."   Albert Einstein
<head>
BODY {
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #E1D1D1;
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;