Re: Cell borders in tables

by "Mr. J. Michael Cates" <jmcates(at)ameritech.net>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:54:33 -0500
 To:  Kate Katzban-Beren <Katekat(at)wi-easterseals.org>,
"'hwg-basics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is the easiest way to get the effect that you are looking for. What
you want to do is nest the table withing a table..

[table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"]
[tr][td[
[table border="0"]
YOUR TABLE
[/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

HTH
Jon

At 01:13 PM 3/28/00, Kate Katzban-Beren wrote:
>I'm working on a table right now and having problems with the aesthetics.
>What I would ultimately like, is to have a border around the table, but no
>borders inside.  I know you can use the bordercolor attribute in IE, but
>this doesn't fix the problem in Netscape.  Someone mentioned placing a table
>within a table, but I've heard there may be problems with this approach in
>Netscape also.  The other thing is that this site has to be completely
>accessible as its content is geared towards disabled individuals.  Any tips
>on how to accomplish this?

Sincerely,

Mr. J. Michael Cates
jmcates(at)ameritech.net