Re: first form email

by Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:15:22 -0700
 To:  "Pinder,
Susan" <spinder(at)stlawrencecement.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan wrote:

>I need to create a simple form to take names and addresses and then email
>the values to a given address.

Here's an example of an email form that I wrote for a client that works well:
http://eelumber.com/contractors.html
However, this is set up to work with a CGI script specific to my server
(Verio) and relies on incorporating a text file and a follow-up *Thank-you*
page: please notice the end of the HTML document. This works really well
and your server might have something similar. Also, you can check out the
JavaScript I used to make sure the fields were filled in before the e-mail
form was allowed to be processed. If this is something you want to do,
notice that each *name* in the <input> commands begins with *required*.
This is used to signal the JavaScript, so it's essential. This script is
freeware: feel free to use it if you like. I'd be happy to answer any
questions you have regarding it or the form itself. HTH,
BenO