Re: How to Turn Down a Client

by Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:14:15 -0700
 To:  Sandy Fields <sandy(at)sannicron.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:33 PM 6/17/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's my question:  *If* this guy calls me again and I find that he still
>doesn't have a clue, how do I turn him down nicely?

This may not sound like what you want to hear, but I've always found in
business that the best way to deal with people like this is to *string them
out*. Find excuses for not being able to accommodate their needs: you've
got a deadline and you'll get back to them, you're too booked up right now,
etc. They'll eventually get the idea and go away. I learned this from years
of experience as a salesman: I got strung out a lot! Hey, it works, and
quite frankly, it's a *very* common business practice. HTH,
BenO