RE: How to Turn Down a Client

by Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:08:47 -0700
 To:  Dennis Lapcewich <Dennis.Lapcewich(at)unisa.edu.au>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:50 PM 6/19/2000 +0930, you wrote:
>Your words.  Not mine.  I've sold, too.  Never lied, never hyped, never
>cheated.

Excuse me. Would *somebody* be so kind as to show me where I said that I
subscribed to the philosophy of lying, cheating or hyping? Here is a stern
warning: all of you who are defaming me are guilty of libel. Do you want me
to sue? An apology from you all would be well advised!

>Had more customers than I could handle.

Me too.

> > Whose definition? Who gave you the right to be judge and jury?
>
>My opinion.  I believe free speech is still a right.

Then state it as such.

> > Oh, so marketeers are equal to pornographers. I see...
>
>Again, your words.  Reread my comment.  I'm not equating one with the other.

No, of course not. They're just right next to each other. Here are your words:
<quote>
The first were the porn sites because fertile ground is always infiltrated
first by the lowest forms of life. Now we have the marketeers moving in.
</quote>
Sounds like a slam to me.

>Always do a reality check.  I always check to see if what I am doing is
>fair, open, honest, and free of deception, lies, subterfuge, hype, etc,

Then quote me stating I subscribe to the business practices of which you
accuse me! You're guilty of libel!

> > You honestly don't believe I have my clients' best interests
> > at heart?  You've got to be kidding, right?
> >

>Yes, you have your client's best interests at heart.  Not so sure that
>applies to their customers, though.

Prove it, or I have more grounds against you for legal action.

BenO