Re: color in netscape vs. IE

by Sandy Fields <sandy(at)sannicron.com>

 Date:  Thu, 01 Jun 2000 12:09:17 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:34 AM 06/01/00, Thomas Carreno wrote:

>I made 4 gif images which fit in each corner of the orange square you see
>there. In IE the orange color of the background and the orange color of the
>gif looks exactly the same. But in Netscape the color of the gif is slightly
>different than the color of the background?!

Funny you should mention this.  I'm having a similar problem.  I created an
image in PSP.  White background with orange text.  I used 255,102,0 to set
my color.  Then I used the same numbers to set the color in the html file,
and the colors are very obviously different.  The text in the image is darker.

I also had the same problem as you with a background color in an image not
matching the background color on the page when both colors have been
specified exactly the same.  I simply made my image transparent and that
took care of the problem.

It still doesn't explain it though.

Btw, I'm using Netscape 4.7.

-- Sandy