Re: Browser Resolution / missing something

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:55:41 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have my 15" monitor set to 1024 px, most people find this to be to small.
One of my users has a 17" monitor set to 800px, and I have to sit on the
other side of the room to see it. (ie too big)
I long for the day (perhaps, perhaps not) when I can get a 19" monitor, set
it 1600 px and have four 800 x 600 windows up and running at one time.

So a 21" monitor could be set to run at 800 or even 600 px if you were
using it in a classroom, but I wouldn't want it on my desk.

With newer browsers coming out with a channel window (NN 6.0 will have a
nice one) I feel that we will gain nothing from increased monitor size or
increase px count, and should stick with a 600px format.

Ok I DO NOT DO THAT..... I compose for 780 px, but arrange it so that is
will not look bad at 580px, and still looks good on my monitor at 1000 px.

Elias