Re: Getting noticed

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:49:00 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
You and 22 MILLION other people want their site to be listed first. Ain't
going to happen.
Be sure that your name (your client's name) appears correctly on every
page, and that every page has TEXT content that can be indexed. If you look
me up by name on a good search engine (Try www.fast.no) you will find me.
But then, my name is not Bill Smith. I did nothing special to get there. So
make your business name unique, and make it well known. Put your web
address on every thing your company prints. Just because you are easy to
find, does not mean that it is easy to be seen.

At 01:23 PM 6/19/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>Please, what's the best way of getting a new web site noticed? I tried one
>well known site that says it submits to 15 search engines, five weeks ago,
>no results. I've done all the meta tags, carefully worded text etc. Advice
>appreciated, I'm a novice at this.
>Thank you!
>
>Freda
>--
>'Never give up on what you know in your heart to be right. The world needs
>you and your commitment, desperately'  - John Denver.

Br. Elias Thienpont OSB
http://www.assumptionabbey.com