Re: Simple Question

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:50:27 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is the mystery monster code that code makers make to make you shudder
in mystery.
Anything between the & and the ; constitutes a code that will do something.

AND YOU DID PUT THEM THERE!

HTML will not allow more than one space between characters, and any extra
ones will be discarded by the BROWSER that interprets and presents your
code to your readers.

Since you wanted spaces there, your code generator put *this* code in place
of your spaces in order to force the reader's browser to do your biding.

At 05:03 PM 6/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Okay, there's something I've been wondering for a while..what is &nbsp; ?
>I've seen it numerous times, especially when Dreamweaver throws it into my
>code for no apparent reason that I can figure out..so, what does it do?
>TIA
>--
>Martin McCarthy
>Ninehells Design