Re: eGroups

by Sandy Fields <sandy(at)sannicron.com>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:09:45 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:06 PM 06/29/2000, Tamara Abbey wrote:
>I am definitely getting away from eGroups. They now fill the e-mail group
>messages with banner ads and were just added to Yahoo (nothing personal
>against Yahoo, but now we get to learn a whole new interface? sheesh!).

Check with eGroups.  You can have your group's message go through without
the banner ads for an annual fee. I don't remember how much it is, though.

Although these banners don't show up in my Eudora (thank heavens), I do
understand how they can create problems for some people.  Then again.. the
ads and banners are what enable eGroups to offer the free service.

You get what you pay for.

-- Sandy
Sannicron Web Design
http://www.sannicron.com