Re: puzzeling script

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Sat, 01 Jul 2000 08:37:28 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that it is improper for any site to try to change the resolution of
my computer.
I would word a STRONG complaint to that webmaster, and also to Microsoft
and Netscape for allowing such a script to function.
This is a breach of my network security.

At 09:22 AM 7/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>Moira wrote:
>
> > Besides the fact that the next page is a frame page without scroll bars and
> >  the navigation is below the screen is this possible.
> >  I would imagine they can change their page for your resolution but not the
> >  other way around.
>
>Actually, after viewing the second page and realizing that there were
>navigation buttons that I couldn't see.  Since no scroll bars were offered
>for this frame, I changed the resolution of my screen to the higher 1024X768.
>  This revealed the several nav buttons that I couldn't see prior.  But then,
>within a few seconds, the screen changed back to 800X600 - without my
>permission no less!!
>
>Somehow I think that the designer has made an error in judgement...and
>unfortunately has defeated the purpose.  I didn't bother to view the rest of
>the site.
>
>Curious myself if anyone else has an opinion on this - I also wonder about
>the philosophy of tampering with the viewers resolution....
>
>- Jeff Kopito

Br. Elias Thienpont OSB
http://www.assumptionabbey.com