Re: Different browsers, systems etc

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:04:57 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:38 PM 03/29/00, you wrote:
>Mark Vardell wrote:
>
>I am not certain, but I think Lynx is a browser for UNIX. If that is true, and
>you are on Windows box, you cannot install Lynx on your box unless you are
>dual
>bootable to UNIX. If you have Linux, you might be able to install Lynx, but I
>don't know for sure.

There is a version of Lynx that runs on Windows.  See
http://lynx.browser.org/ .

>As for the WebTV folks, again just a guess, but I think they have a
>browser that
>loads when they connect to the internet through their cable or whatever it is
>service. I don't think they have any leeway at all.

There is a WebTV Viewer that simulates how a page will look with
WebTV.  Both Windows and Mac
versions.  See  http://developer.webtv.net/design/tools/viewer/Default.htm .

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/