Re: Guild web site and contract info

by "Judith C. Kallos" <webmaster(at)theistudio.com>

 Date:  Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:51:18 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Heather Clark" <iris777888(at)hotmail.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Anyway, because I can't get to the archives,

I have experienced the same and have reported this to the parties that be.  ;-)

>can you all please send me any links you have for information about
>contracts.

You may want to consider subscribing to the Business List as we discuss
these issues as well as many others critical to your business
success.  Check out the Business List resources:

<http://www.hwg.org/lists/hwg-business/faq.html>

Once the archive problem is resolved, just search for "contracts" and you
will find literally 100s of messages on this topic.

>I am just getting to the point in my business where I need contracts for
>my customers and want to know things like, do I have to have a lawyer draw
>them up?

Yep!  Without a doubt!  The validity of your contract will determine if you
are protected properly.  A incorrectly or poorly written contract is
basically useless.

>If so, what sort of lawyer do I go to? If not, what sort of stuff must I
>put in it, examples?

You do need a lawyer who is well versed in online issues.  I cannot tell
you how often our contract has come in handy to protect us or allow us the
flexibility to run our business as we need to.  If the contract that you
use does not cover all the details of /your specific business/ or is not
legally binding you really are not protected at all.  And, that is bad,
very bad.

Virtually,
Judi

Got Netiquette?