Re: Paint shop pro

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:18:13 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Depends on what you do.  I have a 166MHz Pentium II with 64M of RAM, and
PSP is fast enough at most things.  It is slower with some of the more
powerful photo-processing functions, and it would be nice to have a faster
CPU, but for what I do - mainly creating graphics for websites, with some
processing of scanned photos - my PC is adequate.

At 10:13 PM 10/23/00, you wrote:
>Ok.  So I took the advice and went to CompUSA to buy PSP but checked the
>system requirements first.  According to the package, all that was REQUIRED
>was a Pentium processor and 32K RAM and 75 MB of disk space, if I remember
>correctly.  But I have a Pentium Pro 200 Mhz processor with 128K RAM and not
>worried about the disk space.
>
>However, the recommended processor was 500Mhz.  Can anyone comment from
>experience if my 200Mhz is going to be a drag or not.  I am not ready to buy
>a new computer yet.  I thought I'd like to get some advice before plunking
>down the $100 for the program.
>thanks for your help.
>Kate Pollara

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/