Re: spelling and grammar

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:18:33 EDT
 To:  Dennis.Lapcewich(at)unisa.edu.au,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Friends:

Dennis wrote:

> These days the rolls are reversed as it's harder to
>  find good copy to emulate.  With most users now getting their news from
>  television (and starting now from the web), the staccato news bite
approach
> is
>  permeating general web content.  Couple this with a general dumbing down
and
>  deskilling of the general population and we have many striving to be their
> best
>  mediocre work, instead of striving for quality.

Dennis - I love ya for what you said - but these are rationalizations as we
both know.  It tries to explain away the issue - but as poor HTML code
creates poor product, poor writing/editing skills creates poor product.  We
should no more tolerate bad coding or bad editing.

Revolt!  Raise your standards!  And your other standards!!  :-)

Just this student's opinion....

- Jeff Kopito