Re: Submitting a form

by Nik Gare <nik(at)cheddarcheese.de>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:07:01 +0100
 To:  "'hwg-basics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In article <0738D09A9AE2D211BD8C0090273F4A7C08FC50@EXCH1>,
   Richard Allen <rallen(at)staff.conel.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm new to this list so I hope you will bear with me if I'm asking a
> question that's been asked many times before. I have looked through the
> archive and can't find what I'm after so here goes.

I'm new to this list as well!

> I have a form which when you click on 'Submit' will send the form to the
> e-mail program (I'm using Outlook) but won't send it until I go into
> Outlook, open the e-mail and then re-send it.

What you need to do is find out if your WebProvider either supports your
own CGI scripts or has some ready made scripts which you are able to use.
If the latter (as in most cases), there is usually a simple mailform
script which will take the data from the form and email it to you.
If so, you will need to change the 1st line of the form to something like:
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="cgi-bin/mailform.cgi">

If it's the former, you need to learn a bit of CGI programming :-(

TTFN
Nik

--
http://www.cheddarcheese.de