Re: A Perfect Web Site!

by Nik Gare <nik(at)cheddarcheese.de>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:50:58 +0100
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In article <002b01c09525$b2394480$0100007f@localhost>, Ted Temer

> Certainly Netscape 6 --in it's form at present--is no ones future.
> Opera 5?? Well--maybe ??

And you have asked everyone, have you?

> Glitz and glitter are the norm.

I obviously visit/design different sites than you.  They certainly are not
the norm around here.

> We could all have a set "standard" right now if we really wanted that.
> After all, it really does not matter a whit WHAT standard it is. All we
> have to do is stop bickering and start placing a notice on all our
> sites that the site is designed for IE-5+ and offer a link to download.

Are you completely mad?  I would never load IE5 onto my system.  Firstly,
because it is an obscene size, and secondly because it is not available
for my platform.  What right have you to decide that I am not allowed to
visit your site?

> We can worry about the future when it finally comes.

If you really believe this, then you won't last long.  The future is
already here ;-)

> Why IE-5?? Simple. It's the most popular.

While I will not dispute this, it is impossible to get accurate figures
for its usage.

> It ...(snip)...comes on all the new computers.

Do you really believe this?

Nik

--
<hr>