Re: how to insert into html

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:39:31 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, many of the characters on the character map do work, and there are
others that do not. Most of the common ones do work, many of the really
weird ones do not, I am not sure where the cut-off point is. The other
advantage to the Character map is you do not need to remember the numbers,
especially if you use many accented letters.

At 07:11 PM 1/18/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>At 04:36 PM 1/18/01 -0700, Elias Thienpont wrote:
>>The Character Map will allow you to copy the symbol to your clipboard,
>>which you can paste into your text.
>>Naturally as with all fonts, you user also must have that character set
>>on their computer, but using your most standard fonts, this is not a problem.
>
>That sounds interesting since the &reg or #169 is not really supported
>cross-platform. This is currently in discussion on the techniques list,
>but the archives are not functioning yet. I hope the poster to that list
>doesn't mind, but here's his test ascii character list which he is
>developing and testing: http://www.chucke.com/entities_problems.html
>(i.e., if it's broke, don't complain to me -- it's a test being conducted
>by the author for /our/ benefit -- yeah, I've learned to be careful about
>attempting to share resources).
>
>Have you had good results with this technique then, Br.?
>
>Thanks,
>Tamara

Br. Elias Thienpont OSB
http://www.assumptionabbey.com