RE: Text line length - Was: [Seen this lately?]

by Lead <lead(at)sunshineband.org>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:43:26 -0600
 To:  Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:51 PM 1/25/2001, Freda Lockert wrote:

>Proper browser support for the line height property would solve a lot of
>font readability problems, it's top of my wish list (apart from a decent
>burial for Comic Sans).

Mwahahaha! Freda, you just hit on two of my own biggest pet peeves. I adore
the line-height property, and the very small designer inside me just sighs
with contentment at looking at a really pretty paragraph done up in a nice
tight sans-serif font with about 2 em line height. Someday I'll be able to
use it. ;)

As for Comic Sans, the mere sight of it sets my teeth on edge, and it's one
of the quickest ways to get me to ignore or leave a website (right up there
huge images who's size isn't defined in the page, and just below sound that
launches on load and those stupid fireworks javascript things). This font
is, IMO, a dead giveaway that the person who authored the page doesn't know
what they're doing, and always leaves me with a vague impression about the
TYPE of personality who created the site (something I know is silly to do,
but I just can't avoid it).

Thanks for the nice laugh this early on a Saturday (yeah, I'm WAY behind in
reading my mail).

Jeniffer
OffLead Productions