Re: Anchor tags: what is the standard?

by Lead <lead(at)sunshineband.org>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:47:45 -0600
 To:  Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>,
HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>The real question is, what is the w3c-defined standard. I can't make
>heads or tails of the w3c docs. I just want to know how much of this to
>lay at GoLive's feet. I want to know if this is a Netscape 6 bug-up or
>a display of adhesion to the true and holy Standard. But mostly I just
>wanna know.

Well, I can tell you that I have experienced this problem while surfing on
the web. Click on a link that leads to a bookmark anchor, and when I get
there, I can't tell if I'm in the right place or not because the headline
or subhead is up above the top of my browser window, and I can't see it. I
have had this happen to me more than a few times. But I can't tell you
which browser it was in, since I regularly use both MSIE and NN, on both PC
and Mac. I CAN tell you it was not on NN6, since I've yet to be able to run
the blasted thing. (It downloads, it installs, but I have never gotten it
open past the splash screen. Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a number
of times, and even redownloaded. No go. I give...I don't know anyone who is
using it right now except other developers, so until I start hearing
complaints from clients or users, or I hear that Netscape has vastly
changed the creature, I'm done trying. A girl only has so much patience. /rant)

Jeniffer