Re: background problems in Netscape 4.7

by bkrWeb Services <bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:16:32 -0600
 To:  ErthWlkr(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:25 PM 3/17/01 -0500, ErthWlkr(at)aol.com wrote:
>Hi Kathie:
>
>Firstly, in your <.table> tag, put cellpadding="0" and cellspacing="0"

Actually, I have made cellpadding="0", but if I don't need it for layout,
why change cellspacing?

>Then in the <.img src> tag for the Message from the President, set a
>border="0"

I know how to do this.  My question is, since this won't validate as the
border attribute for an image tag has been deprecated, is there another way
to achieve the same effect?

>Place your background image directly into your <.body> tag so it looks like:
>
><.BODY background="dishback.gif">

Actually, this is now working.  Again, I'm trying to validate to strict (I
know it may not work, but I can dream) and this has been deprecated.

>Netscape doesn't like linked stylesheets....

Which is why I haven't used them before.  This may be an exercise in
futility, but it is certainly an exercise in coding!!

Kathie