Re: Search engine question

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:42:01 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:53 PM 4/5/2001 -0400, jim barchuk wrote:
>Hi Raj!
>
> > My question is: does a search engine spider dynamically generated
> > pages.  For example, if I have a page http://myhost.com/ that has links
> > in the page of the form
> > http://myhost.com/apage.php?param1=foo&param2=bar
> > Will the engine spider that second link?

Jim,

Keep looking for the answer on this one -- I can not find the source, but I
know I've heard some engines will stop when they hit that first question mark.

On a positive note, there are /supposed/ to be php scripts out there that
will alias the url so that it will be spidered.

I'm really new to php, so I'm just going on what I've heard. Raj, have you
tried over on the languages list? Or, perhaps on the php news list (yeah,
it's a heavy list).

Just a thought anyway,
Tamara