Re: save website

by bkrWeb Services <bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:52:27 -0600
 To:  Jennifer Wynell <jennw(at)jenniferwynell.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
When I do a redesign of someone else's website, the first thing I do is
backup the old site so I can refer to it offline, use it in pointing out
changes and new features, and use any images or features that are to be
kept.  I use WS_FTP as my ftp client, and I use it to download all the
files, in their current directories.  Whatever ftp program you use probably
has this capability.  There is a feature in IE to save websites, the
difficulty with this is that it creates it's own directory structure and
extra folders for things.  It also adds extra coding in to the page.

Kathie Riechmann