Re: margins with CSS

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 23 May 2002 22:17:32 +0100
 To:  r.bhaskar(at)compserv.gla.ac.uk,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 16:50 23/05/02 +0100, Raj Bhaskar wrote:
<snip/>
>This works fine except that it backs on to the cells on either side of it
>(which have nested tables in
>them) exactly and it doesn't look particularly good.  I tried to work
>around this by setting the
>margin of the content cell, which (according to the W3C spec at
>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-
>CSS2/box.html#box-margin-area) is supposed to be *outside* the border, but
>this doesn't have
>any effect at all.  I guess that I must be misinterpreting the box model
>somewhere, but I can't see
>where.

<jedi name="yoda" class="master">Tables with CSS confusing to use are.
Table cells are not block level remember you must</jedi>

Table cells don't have margins, IIRC. Unfortunately its too late for me to
dig out the relevant bit of the spec. Unfortunately I cant think of an easy
fix for your problem.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/