Re: Text Size

by Thomas Rumley <trumley(at)softhome.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 May 2002 16:45:16 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>The font element is deprecated, and should be avoided in _all_ new pages.

I'd agree except that it is still supported and I've not heard of support
being withdrawn from any browser. It is deprecated though. Which is why I
suggested a second way: through cascading style sheets.

>The best thing is to leave the default text size on your page alone. If it
>looks too big on _your_ browser, then adjust _your_ browser.

I though the idea was to set text size so that visitors' could see the text
more easily. Making them resize the window sort of defeats the purpose
doesn't it.

Thomas Rumley