Re: Downloading Netscape

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sun, 06 May 2001 10:48:26 -0500
 To:  "Blue Tapp" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>,
"hwg basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:08 AM 5/6/2001 -0500, Blue Tapp wrote:
>I'm having an unusual problem.  I just setup two new computers.  I already
>have IExplorer 5.5 on them and I'm trying to download Netscape 6.0 but it
>just won't download.  I've never had this problem before but I wouldn't put
>it past IE to have something incorporated that won't allow NS downloads.
>Does anyone know about this?

I haven't had any trouble /getting/ NS 6 -- using it, well, you didn't ask 8-)

Anyway, http://www.evolt.org has a link to the browser archive where you
can choose your preferred flavor of NS 6 -- most recommend going without
the smart download feature.

You might also want to pick up a copy of a computer magazine -- I have NS 6
on cd from PCWorld or something which was nice when I was on dial-up.

I have heard of plenty of people having plenty of problems trying to
download NS 6 from Netscape, so maybe they have some other things going
on?? Just a guess.

FWIW,
<tamara />