Re: design

by "Judith C. Kallos" <webmaster(at)theistudio.com>

 Date:  Fri, 25 May 2001 12:20:26 -0500
 To:  "Cook,
Shelby" <scook(at)equibase.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey, Shelby: ;-)

At 09:00 AM 05/25/2001 -0400, Cook, Shelby wrote:
><snip>
>Back in the days when I was getting my business degree, I recall a marketing
>class which talked about shapes and their impact on consumer spending (i.e.,
>a triangle calls attention but does not cause consumers to buy, the circle
>tends to cause people to choose this product).  This is often used by
>designers of product packaging in the hopes of getting purchasers to see
>their products amid the scads of others.

I just purchased a mini e-book on psychological triggers that covers
similar concepts. I haven't completed the entire article yet to know if it
gets specifically into shapes but am finding it very interesting in how
even minor ways to state things, from colors to location when it comes to
information/products that can make a big difference in viewer reaction.   I
have already integrated some of the things mentioned.

I have it available on my "do-it-yourself" site if anyone is interested in
pursuing this information:
<http://www.technochallenged.com/marketing_resources.html>

HTH!
/j