RE: About the blinking text question

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:11:00 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Cook, Shelby" <scook(at)equibase.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
OK, I'll bite.

Why is it apparently universally hated?  Is there something technically
wrong with it?  Does it cause basic adverse reactions in people akin to
sudden illness?  Is it morally objectionable?  Will it make you
impotent?  Does it cause web users to salivate uncontrollably at the mere
mention of Britney Spears?

Or is it apparently universally hated because a few pinwheel tech writers a
few years ago just developed a personal distaste for it for some unknown
reason, wrote about their displeasure with it, and it then took on a life
of its own?  I mean, we seem to have a "political correctness" about its
use where its acceptable to deride anyone who may choose to use it, let
alone suggest its use or even wish to discuss it on its merits.

Other than the browser stats war which also serves no useful purpose, to
blink or not to blink is not even allowed to be asked as a question in the
presence of the PC crowd.

The mind boggles ...