Re: Site templates

by Blue Tapp <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:09:47 -0500
 To:  HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Looks like a ripoff to me.  As someone else noted already, the amazingtemplates.com site itself is a great example of what happens when a bad designer uses a template.  Bad design!  I looked at his examples too which were garish, unimpressive and screamed TEMPLATE.  I would not spend my money on this.  You say you have zero design skills but know what you like.  I believe design can be learned.  Don't cripple yourself with templates.  You've got the code writing skill.  Why not spend some time surfing to get ideas and go from there?
HTH,
Blue

>I came across this site www.amazingtemplates.com which charges
>$99 for 150 site templates. I looked at some of the examples and
>they seemed 'artistically good' , and the HTML looked clean and
>basic.

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design
705 North Florissant Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
(314) 839-0634
fax: (314) 839-1557
e-mail: blue(at)bluesarthouse.com
alt. e-mail: bluesarthouse(at)hotmail.com
url: www.bluesarthouse.com

"Time to get a web site!"