Re: Video ownership problems

by "Judith C. Kallos" <webmaster(at)theistudio.com>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:31:24 -0800
 To:  Kef Moulton <kef(at)desoto.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey, Kef:

At 05:41 AM 10/30/01, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>I hope this isn't too far off topic for this list as it involves
>computers, but not necessarily the net.

Not only off-topic but has nothing to do with Web design issues at all. . .

This is a legal issue that no one on any list can provide free advice to
help your brother.    It sounds like he didn't have his bases covered and
may be in no position to protest the outcome.  This is what happens when
folks try to avoid legal fees by winging it or thinking that protection in
these areas is not necessary.

If he does want to investigate if he has any rights in this issue, he needs
to contact an attorney to go over the specifics of /his
situation/.  Generalities or folks who been there done that are not in a
position to give free legal advice.

<http://www.gigalaw.com/>

Hopefully, this is a lesson learned and he will have the appropriate
documents in place or reviewed before he gets into this type of situation
again.  As they say hindsight is 20/20.  ;-)

/j