Re: Table Backgrounds

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:15:11 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Kef Moulton <kef(at)desoto.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You answered your own question with,  [I]" have tried both HTML 4.0 and
HTML 4.01, but the validator still says background is not an element."

Hallo?  "... but the validator still says background is not an element."

The use of background images within tables is not valid.  Period.

If everything else validates with no table backgrounds, don't sweat it.

Follow the advice in your own sig ... "Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is."