Re: asp

by Matthew Ohlman <matthew(at)ohlman.com>

 Date:  Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:41:09 -0600
 To:  "Kevin Bayley" <webmaster(at)prairienorth.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Kevin. You should still be able to use Notepad, because that is what
I use when I create ASP pages. The only thing that I would watch out
for, is that when you design the pages (and I am assuming that you
are going to be using server server side ASP rather than client side ASP)
that they have to be uploaded to a server before they can be viewed correctly.
With client side I am not sure because I never use it. This can be
particularly
frustrating when you want to test them and they don't work because they
are not uploaded. I once completely redesigned the page because
I forgot to turn the server on. If you ever run into any problems there
are lost of great ASP discussion boards out there for help.

Matthew

| Matthew Ohlman
| Ohlman Pages
| http://www.ohlman.com/
"There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker. "
     Charles M. Schulz