Re: PERL/CGI Training

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:26:23 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Turn you computer into the web server.

1)  The web server software is free.
2)  Install Apache - it's free.
3)  Install Perl - it's free.
4)  Learn!!

So what money are you talking about? :)

Of course, you can buy some quality Perl and CGI book to help you to learn.

BTW, Perl is not capitalized.  It's written as "Perl" and *not*
"PERL."   At least so says the creator of Perl.

Afterthought - There are a few web sites which have bundled complete *and*
free  web server/Perl/PHP/MySQL/etc. packages for you.  All you need to do
is download and install and there you go.  No charge whatsoever.

Kukla