Re: Pop-up window<Javascript?>

by Regina Fuchs <rfuchs(at)lanl.gov>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:49:55 -0700
 To:  "HWG Basics List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:30 AM 03/26/2002 -0500, Thomas Rumley wrote:
>Simply put, they turn ON their JavaScript. People who don't use JavaScript
>for their browsing experience are the same people who don't use their A/C in
>the summer. Meaning, if you're already paying for it why not use it?

I use air conditioning. I surf with Javascript turned off. I hate pop up
windows! If your site doesn't work without Javascript, I won't stay. As for
paying for it, I do not spend money on web services just to be irritated by
pop ups.

>Some people (I would never point fingers at anyone Fuzzy) say that there are
>security risks using JavaScript. Maybe so but I've never run into them
>personally (doesn't mean they aren't there). I'm told living can be
>dangerous to your health as well, but I'll, um..., live with it!  :-p

I just think it's annoying.

On the other hand, cookies raise privacy issues for me. I'm cautious about
indiscriminantly accepting cookies. I am also concerned that Java poses a
security risk but I've so far had no bad experiences.

My 2 cents,
Reggie Fuchs (Regina)