Re: audio from cassette to HD

by Matthew Ohlman <matthew(at)ohlman.com>

 Date:  Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:36:00 -0500
 To:  Lori <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lori. I tried this once and got it to work, but of course the
quality won't be that good. I'm not sure if you can get a
program like Easy CD Creator on a Mac, but you will
need something like that, (or I think a program like
Windows Sound Recorder would do). CD Creator has
a special option to rip music. It will let you go from CD
to HD, from Vinal Record to HD, and it will let you go from
Cassete Tape to Hard Drive.
That is not all though. You will need a tape recorder
with a LINE-OUT slot, (I think that a Headphone slot
would work just as well). Remember that the head phone
slot is already amplified, and if you turn it up to loud you
risk frying your sound card! Oh yeah, you need a sound
card. Then finally, you will need a "patch cord". A patch
cord is a cord that matches with whatever both of the
ends are. You could probably go down to your local Radio
Shack, and pick up one, and I don't think that there very
expensive.
Anyway, Plug both ends up, and push play (on the tape deck),
and record (on the computer) and HOPEFULLY they will work.
Let me know if you have any problems!

Hope this helps, it's been a while since I did this!
Matthew

| Matthew Ohlman
| Ohlman Pages
| http://www.ohlman.com/
"There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker. "
     Charles M. Schulz