Re: audio Mac-Windows

 Date:  Wed, 01 May 2002 22:17:15 -0400
 To:  Lori <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lauri,

think ".au" (called simply "Audio Files") It's actually a UNIX native format from what I understand, and most freeware/shareware sound editors I have seen (not too many - I'm into Lester Flat and Earl Scrugs - they're still on vinyl 78 RPM . . . disks) can save in that format.

What I know (from experience) is that "a computer with a sound card" can play it. I've seen the files play under OS 6.2 on a II ci, AND <shudder> WIN XP on a brand new Dell (boy, did Dell go in the toilet or WHAT ;-)).

Pretty universal - I'd say.

HTH,
Fuzzy