Re: Problems With Questionable E-Mail

 Date:  Sat, 04 May 2002 13:01:29 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Caryl,

*nobody* sends unsolicited attachments unless they:

1) Are trying to infect your computer.
2) Are testing you to see just how creatively you can compose a flame-gram to them, and a notice to their ISP.

Personally, I have found that threatening to mutilate their computer/pets/siblings/offspring/extended families (ALL) pretty effective in stopping it. Especially if you mention the name of the town they live in when you reply.

;-)
Fuzzy.
P.S. Of course, you all know I am kidding. Fuzzy would ~never~ do anything like that !

At 11:50 AM 5/4/02, C. A. Milton wrote:
>I hope this is not off topic.  I have been receiving more e-mail lately sent
>to my web-page address.  A lot have .gif , .scr, or .xls attachments, which
>trigger the "Open Attachment Warning" message window from Outlook Express.
>To date my response is to always delete them, even though unsure whether
>they're okay messages actually intended for me (and not spam/harmful mail.
[. . .]