Re: Marquees

 Date:  Sat, 11 May 2002 09:27:29 -0400
 To:  HWG list <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Beth,

as you no doubt know by now you'll have to find an alternate solution for NN (a few others too!).

I would like to offer a *conceptual* example of one such alternative.

It'll work for any browser that supports animated .gif's - and if you properly include the ALT comments - even those with images off and those using screen readers will still get the message!  . . . something this young lady didn't do (I'll spank her later ;-)).

http://www.canopy.net/suzette/thankyou.html

(no, though I'm mentioned - I didn't make the .gif or write the page. I "taught the process", and this image was the product.)

Google list kazillions of hits on "free gif animator" and/or "shareware gif animator"

HTH,
Fuzzy.
P.S. We like dogs too: http://www.canopy.net/dogs/