Re: Prefomated Text

by Matthew Ohlman <matthew(at)ohlman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:52:10 -0500
 To:  Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>
 Cc:  HWG-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
OK. Another problem. I used CSS (like Andrew said below), but when I use
the CSS validator on W3C, it says this:

Line : 39 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a
last alternative

what does this mean? I have the code letter for letter as below (except the
size), and I can't figure out what is wrong!

Here is the code I have:

>pre {
>         font-family: arial, san-serif;
>         font-size: 100%
>}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew

| Matthew Ohlman
| Ohlman Pages
| http://www.ohlman.com/
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against wacking them around a little."