Re: Error in background attribute

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:05:06 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I may have missed the point here but if you havn't already done so why not
>put the background attribute in your css style sheet i.e., if for main body
>of web page...body
>background so and so, if table or td, use class etc?  Works for me....

The BACKGROUND attribute is a non-standard attribute recognized by NN4,
sometimes needed for NN4-compatibility because its CSS support is lacking.

If you need to use it, you  have to live with the validation errors.

-
Chuck Upsdell, www.upsdell.com
Note: to ensure I receive your eMail, please avoid words commonly found in
spam; messages with such words may be blocked before they get to me.