Re: tbody?

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:35:55 +0100
 To:  thewolves(at)bigfoot.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 22:35 25/06/02 -0700, Larry Coats wrote:

<snip/>

>It's quite legal to have both COL and COLGROUP intermixed, and it can be
>very handy to do so. I believe that "(COL*|COLGROUP*} means that you can
>have 0 or more of each, intermixed in any order.

`|' is an exclusive OR.

To intermingle elements A and B you need (A|B)*.

<snip/>
>Here's the W3C description of COLGROUP and COL:
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#edef-COLGROUP

"A table may either contain a single implicit column group (no COLGROUP
element delimits the columns) or any number of explicit column groups (each
delimited by an instance of the COLGROUP element)."

See also
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&th=c6f491bb2d6886a0&seekm=Pine.GSO.4.10.10206251629100.5574-100000%40s5b002&frame=off

Andrew

--