Re: Question on Netscape

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:43:01 +0100
 To:  "*HWG- Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:55 16/07/02 -0500, Total Web Works wrote:
>1.Which Netscape seems to be the worst in messing up Web sites? I know it is
>4.*something*

4.0 (if it exists) or 4.01.

Netscape 4 generally improves as the version numbers increase. People who
are only used to 4.7 and above frequently find this amazing :-)

>2. Is there anyway to have different versions of Netscape on the same
>computer?

Yes, just install them into different directories. On my computer at work I
have Netscape 6.something, 4.78, 4.5something, Netscape 3.something and
Netscape 2.something. [1]

Netscape doesn't integrate itself with Windows the way IE does, so you can
install and uninstall as much as you like.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/

[1] I also have two versions of Opera, Amaya, Lynx, HotJava, a WebTV, and
good old Mosaic.