Re: css font question

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 03 Aug 2002 19:21:21 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 15:58 03/08/02 +0000, cssavenger(at)attbi.com wrote:
<snip/>
>3) While I am no one to say what unit of measure is
>best I have had this discussion around many forums and
>the consensus seem to been px is best as it is the
>closest to the same across all systems & browsers.
<snip/>

px is very bad because the end user can't easily resize it (which is part
of the reason for its cross platform consistency).

You don't need - and shouldn't want - your pages to display the same across
a range of systems. You should want your page to display to the best way
for the user on whatever system they are using.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/