Re: Search Engine Submission

by Judith Kallos <hwg-lgmgr(at)theistudio.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:34:01 -0500
 To:  "Allmendinger,
Pam" <Allmendingerp(at)bhc.edu>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey, Pam:  ;-)

At 02:16 PM 9/25/2003, Allmendinger, Pam wrote:
>Good afternoon:
>
>Do any of you submit to a search engine?  Have you found it
>benefitial?  What are the pitfalls I should consider in my decision as to
>taking the time to submit to all the various search engines?
>
>Thank you for your time and resonses,

If you want to get found online, you need to have a proactive aggressive
ongoing marketing program in place.

This includes Search Engines - which depending on how reliant you will be
on them, will determine how aggressive you need to be as far as paying for
reviews and establishing PayPerClick programs above and beyond the free
submissions such as Google.  Google can take 4-6+ weeks plus to show your
listing.  Although Google is free, if your site is not properly optimized
it still won't get found.  So, if you don't know how or your design is not
conducive to optimization, PPCs may be an option for immediate exposure.

I have an article on my site that explains the reality of Search Engines
and what is involved along with suggestions that may give you a realistic
view vs. all the scams and misinformation on the topic out there:

The 10 Commandments of Search Engines:

http://www.theistudio.com/search_engines.html

HTH!  ;-)
/j