Re: Excel Files to HTML

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:33:33 EDT
 To:  egs(at)hiwaay.net,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ed & Friends:

I belatedly read:

> I have tried converting the spreadsheet to HTML
>  witin Excel, the results were not acceptable. I can cut and paste the
>  contents and markup the results, but that is time consuming. Is there any
>  other alternative?

I happened to think of this while perusing the web section at the local
bookstore.  Found an old Excel book which covered Excel 97.  It seems that
there is a wizard within Excel that will convert your table to an HTML file.
If you go up to File and then to "Save As HTML...", the wizard will walk you
through it. I checked it out on my end and it seems to work...

You can view the contents in its original incarnation,  but you can't
manipulate from the web site.

Is that your intention?

- Jeff Kopito