Re: WYSIWYG editor for clients to use

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:21:41 EDT
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Friends:

It was written:

> I won't quible over the semantics of whether it is a WYSIWYG editor or not
>  today based upon it's past history. It has a WYSIWYG mode now and that's
all
>  that counts.  It works fine and is very well respected software with large
>  industry acceptance.

Smooth those hairs down - I wasn't attacking HomeSite.  I've been using this
for two years now and wouldn't consider using another coding tool - although
at some point in the future I believe we'll all be in the WYSIWYG mode.

The Design Mode - and I'm only talking about this specific part of the
package - is recommended for light work - ie setting up initial design, fine
tuning tables, etc.  Not for the heavy lifting that a Dreamweaver is used for.

It was also written:

<<Whenever we decide we need to
spend time and money on a new software, one consideration is that it will
help us land a job or a contract.>>

Actually I try to find a piece of software that will help me process my work
faster which translates to more productive time which equates to greater
profit. Software doesn't equal marketing.

But now I've probably started another fire....  :-)

- Jeff K.