Re: CSS in Netscape

by Reywob(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:06:06 EDT
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi list,

> What kind of clout does this organisation have?  Can they really get MS to
>  listen?  It would be wonderful if browser makers actually pushed standards
>  compliance as a selling point.  Maybe Netscape will with NN5/Mozilla.

What is there in this for the browser manufacturers?  If all the browser
manufacturers put their expertise together and formed a non-profit making
organisation (extension of the W3C?) to develop a browser, it would make life
much easier for the web designers.  To develop the web to its full potential,
we must all work together, and stop this backstabbing and infighting.
Microsoft has added some very useful features (such as the <xxmargin> tag)
which I would hate to lose, but this isn't the way to go.  "Work together,
for the good of the Web" should be our motto.

Just my thoughts!
Peter Bowyer.

Just my thoughts