Re: Browser Fonts/CSS

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Aug 2000 22:31:21 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Excellent resource:

>The page makes reference to using FONT FACE, but is relevant for anyone
>using fonts, either via CSS or the face attribute of the font element.

... For example, you can define an em dash (  ) to be a black square
14 pixels long and one pixel high with three pixels of vertical
space, like so:...

Aaaarrgh!!! No, no, no. Beats head on desk in frustration. And
immediately beneath this they refer you to the best book on
typography in existence. The authors may have read it but they
obviously haven't absorbed it. I must go and lie down in a darkened
room ...

Freda

--
Never give up on what you know in your heart to be right. The world
needs you and your commitment, desperately. - John Denver.