Re: Spelling and Grammar skills

by Freda Lockert <freda(at)rlockert.easynet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:23:33 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I'll quit ranting now. Perhaps we should form a Society for the Preservation
>of Properly Written English?
>
>--IceWolf

Count me in! At my last employer, insisting on properly written
English, and punctuation, got me described in terms such that 'anally
retentive' would have been a compliment.

I originally trained and worked as a typographer and it's still my
passion. I despair at what I see all around, ugly messages set in
ways that assault the senses, the visual soundbite.

'...the letters are alive. They dance in their seats. Sometimes they
rise and dance in the margins and aisles.' - Robert Bringhurst.

Soapbox="off".

Freda

--
'Never give up on what you know in your heart to be right. The world
needs you and your commitment, desperately'  - John Denver.